"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Research and Ideas

So I've got four "full length" kids shows to direct as well as a series of short comedy scripts, during my time out in Washington. This is exciting! And challenging. And hike that challenge up when you take into consideration that I will be doing one script with two different age groups, at the same time ... must make them different in some ways!

I've been going through all of my books to find anything I can use for my Shakespeare show. I'm determined to get these kids to understand iambic pentameter, at least a basic understanding of it. And I'm going to teach them how Shakespeare shows in the time they were written, why he used so much description ... because they didn't have elaborate (or any really) sets, and no lighting etc...and...I'm still working on stuff.

Comedy ... there are so many different ways to make people laugh ... and the different scripts I'll be using illustrate this ... comedic timing ... physical comedy ... still working on stuff.

Magic ... theatre is magic ... the script "Harriett's Secret" is a parody (I hope I'm using the correct term here) of Harry Potter. The magic in this text is largely physical, literally, the kids will show the audience that magic is happening by using their bodies ... oooooh the thoughts - rhythm's and sounds ... still working on stuff.

And my two scripts for Bremerton (as the three above are for Stone Soup) haven't yet arrived ... so ... still working!

And that is all for today, Happy Birthday to my sister! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment