"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lazy Bones

Some days, no matter how much 'I know' I should be "working", I just don't.

Part procrastination, as in I start the day saying to myself that I'll get to it in an hour, or at a certain time later in the day, and then I do it again, a different time later in the day...etc. And then I go for a walk (ok, this is a healthy good thing to do on a nice sunny day, but still - procrastinating). And then I do some gardening, pruned and weeded some of my mother's roses today. And then it's time to eat something. And then I do some online photo uploading. And then it's the evening and so I tell myself I'll do it tomorrow. But for real, I HAVE TO DO SOME "WORK" TOMORROW. Job hunting, just because I've got a few weeks of work lined up in July/August and I've got Drama Kids again in the fall, this does not mean I should stop searching.

I hate the fact that I'm a pro-procrastinator! It's a horrible trait, one that I wish I could 86 like right now!

It's not that I did nothing all day long, but I didn't do anything to help further my life goals. I'm a giant procrastinating pile of lazy bones!

Why can't there be a magic wand to ...
~help me lose the weight I want to and tone my body?
~get me the job I desire (whatever that is)?
~introduce me to mr. right (or anyone for that matter)?
~to give me the winning lotto numbers?
~to afford me a flight to New Zealand to visit my friend?
~to afford me time, transport et.al., and or to find me a job near my nieces and my bro and sister in law?
~make life easier...
YES, I realize I'm a dork and asking for things that could never happen ... but still, sometimes it would be f'ing nice to have "too" much money to know what to do with it. The grass is always greener I know, so if I had all the money in the world I realize I'd still have problems, however sometimes I think those problems might be "easier" to handle. But of course, I have no idea.

Anyone out there want to be my hot sugar daddy??? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller???

No comments:

Post a Comment