"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Friday, June 17, 2011

Doing Some Work Today ... I am a Freelance Rockstar (HIRE ME!!!!)

Rockin' Thunderstorm going on outside right now ... gonna go sit on the front porch for a minute and then I'll update today's events re:work. That last thunder rumble vibrated me on the porch swing ... saaaaa-weet! If it wasn't thunder and lightening out right now I would so totally go play in the rain.

Ok, on to today's theatre/work events:

1. There is a website called stagejobspro.com where you can create a profile and be a person in search of a job or an employer. Employers can search and potentially find you! So I'm working on creating my profile and uploading my job history and all that jazz! Woot woot!

2. There is a project I've been trying to get underway for over a year now, that I call (working title) "The Human Condition", and so I've been doing some emailing on its behalf. Trying to get some more source material and trying to work out a meeting date with a friend, and theatre professional, who might be the producer! (Ok, not financially but in finding the funds etc...)

3. I've emailed, actually this I did yesterday and I'm waiting to hear back from him, the Admiral Theatre Co., re:my mid-July job. I've emailed to ask what the next step is.

AND:
I will be working on the shows, research and other director/teacher prep things, for my time with Stone Soup Theatre in August.

AND:
I will be looking for other jobs to apply too ... will update later if I find/apply to anything!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't find anything to apply for that day ... sigh ... I keep looking!!!

    ReplyDelete