"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan
"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide
"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!
"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela
"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi
"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela
"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm
"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West
"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
1. I sent out an adendum email to The Williamstown Theatre Festival where I have put in (yesterday January 10th) a proposal to be the recipient of their Boris Sagal Fellowship. Here's hoping ... it would mean a summer of creative collaboration with ten actors, a playwright and myself - and on an idea of my own origination!!! How amazing does that sound!?!?! Hey, you never know!
2. I applied for the PSM (Production Stage Manager) or ASM (Assistant Stage Manager) positions with Astoria Performing Arts Center's upcoming production of "The Human Comedy"
3. I applied for the Apprentice Program Director position with Bristol Valley Theatre - this one sounds especially up my alley. It would be director (creator) and implementor of a six week program for students ages 11-17 years old with emphasis put on acting, but open to other areas of theatre. And directing the children's show and presentation of work during the course. Sounds great to me!
4. I applied for several positions at Barrington Stage Company for their upcoming summer season. These include Assistant Managing Director, Company Manager, Associate Company Manager and Assistant to the Artistic Director - or anything they think I'm qualified for.
5. And last but not least, for the moment, I applied for the Company Management Assistant with the Utah Festival Opera for this coming summer season.
Phew ... that's a lot of typing ... but it's also a large number of people who will (hopefully) now see my resume ... something's gotta give, eventually!!!
We shall see what transpires!