"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Monday, January 17, 2011

Over the weekend.

So I admit it, I didn't do much in the way of job hunting or posting over the past two days, it was the weekend.

Family was about, so that's partly the reason.

It's also partly due to being absorbed in two different books. 1. Another in a "murder mystery" series I've been reading, it's the Agatha Raisin series. She's a 50-something retired PR lady in the Cotswolds turned murder mystery solver. Somehow it makes me feel more connected to my former home. Plus I LOVE how vividly one can live in the imagination of another. I used to "hate" reading books when I was a kid, in school, all those sup lit books. I think it was because I was being forced to read something without anyone trying to make it exciting at the same time ... 'cause some of those stories - I didn't really read - are great stories! 2. The second book is "Julie Taymor: Playing With Fire" ... and I'm beginning to feel like my mind works very much like hers!!!

I also got another phone interview, this will happen this Friday (the 21st) while I'm in the midst of my 24 Hour Project, thankfully it's during the Playwright's writing period, so I'll be free to take the interview. It's for a place I applied to before I began this blog, on January 7th I sent an application out to XRT in Los Angeles, for either (or both) an Equity SM job or a Drama Instructor's job. We'll see what happens. It would be grand to live out in the sun shine for a year ... or so ... or something.

And I've found a few more places to apply too ... that is my task for tomorrow. Take the job descriptions I've got and apply for them.

Ok ... boring blog entry ... sorry ...

Peace, Love and Hair Grease!

No comments:

Post a Comment