"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Knock on wood!

Today's Application:
~I've just emailed an application out for the Production Manager position with The Theatre @ Boston Court.

And now, knock on wood ...

I really don't want to jinx anything but at the moment (and obviously I don't know that any of these places will actually offer me a job) I've got several prospects of future employment. It's a weird feeling really. Usually, as the trail of rejection letters/emails and silent no's over the past two years have indicated, nothing comes of these submissions. Then I decide to start this blog and boom, six possabilities. Again, I say possabilities - there is NOTHING concrete here, but still. Who'd'ave thunk it?

So, the excitment is that I have TWO phone interviews that will take place over the next week and a half (Bristol Valley Theatre and X Repertory Theatre Company). And I've got FOUR other potential interviews (Lost Nation Theater Company, Barrington Stage Company, Williamstown Theatre Festival's Boris Sagal Fellowship and the Adirondack Theatre Festival).

I've still got a few job ad's in my hands where I haven't yet submitted an application. And true to form, there were a few that I couldn't decide on due to overlapage of job dates with my current employment (perhaps if they had been majorly big job's to apply for I would have submitted, but they weren't), and so I didn't apply for them. And of course I will search for other places to send my brilliant resumes too, tomorrow, and the next day, and the next and so on and so forth!!!

:o) Happy Snow Day East Coasters!

No comments:

Post a Comment