"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Friday, January 14, 2011


Sometimes it's really hard for me to decide if I should or should not apply for a position when I consider the fact that I'm already employed and I can see that the dates of the job I'd be applying for would over lap with my current job. Yet, I can't not (hello mr. doublenegative) apply for things where I'd be paid more, and in some cases gain benefits as well, right?! In the fabulous field of entertainment, no matter if you're an actor/director/stage manager/other, (setting aside all the rejection out there) securing one job doesn't always mean that it's a long term one - but it's the only one at the moment so you take it. Then you find something "better" and want to apply for it, but it overlaps with your current gig ... what then? Sometimes I sit in wait and wind up passing a deadline to apply because I can't make up my mind ... is it better to apply for the possible job and potentially have to give notice somewhere, or 'wait out' the current gig??? Arrrrgh...I digress...

I found a few things to apply for, though most of them fall into the above mentioned catergory of 'job date overlapage' - I make up new words all the time. :o) So I've set those few aside to deal with tomorrow.

I did, however, apply for the Stage Manager position with Lost Nation Theater Company in Vermont.

One of those silent No's I was talking about yesterday, well it became a maybe. Looks like I might have an interview with Barrington Stage ... we'll see.

TGIF! Happy Weekend ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment