"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Temporarily Internetly Homeless

Ok that's a totally made up (word and) title!

The reality of it however, is that I've been without the internet for the past two and a half days at home (internet and the home phone actually, and we've yet to discover the reason for this outage) ... not counting my cell phone. What this means ... that I've been able to respond to emails etc., but I've not really been able to job hunt or apply for anything over the past few days.

Of course I haven't ceased to function entirely, haha, like some people might. But it is interesting to feel the lack of connectivity in a place one presumes they should have service. I mean, when you know you're not going to be able to get online ... well you know it so you've likely prepared for it. However, when you're without and you didn't know it would be the case, well isn't that "just" when you want to go online to check this or that ... to apply to a job ... to respond to an email more elaborately than patience on a blackberry might dictate? Hahaha! But I digress. Despite the fact that it is actually SUNNY out today, a weather pattern that has been missing the past two weeks here in UpState NY (it's been down right shite for weather lately, over cast and stormy with LOTS of rain), I'm now at a free wifi Starbucks enjoying a Grande Caramel Frap and some internets!!! :o)

I will now go in search of jobs to apply for ... see if there's anything I've got that I can apply for while I'm here (I have Drama Kids in another hour) ... and check some emails, and rather obviously, write up this here post.

Oh and just so you know, not that you really care (oiy, haha), but I haven't just been sitting on my butt at home. I'm reading a new book called "The Magicians", I've had Drama Kids classes, and I've sorted out the summer job overlap, well sort of. I've had to give up the one week job 'here' directing 'Oliver' over the summer. The positive note is that my friend in Seattle might be able to get me 3 more weeks of work. 1 more with the camp I'm already working at in August, and another two with another organization ... details to come ... and cross your fingers 'cause it's great pay!

Ok ... now onto other things.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, well I didn't get all that much done job hunting wise ... but I did get some emails done ... I'm going to have to ask my aunt and uncle who live next door if I can use their internets tomorrow, if ours isn't up and running, so that I can do some applying. Off to Drama Kids I go!

    ReplyDelete