"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan
"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide
"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!
"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela
"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi
"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela
"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm
"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West
"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal
Thursday, May 19, 2011
I'm a donkey!
It was such a hopeful feeling so quickly dashed into a NO. I don't know, perhaps I should call him back or email him back saying that I'd be done on the 5th and could start rehearsals that Monday the 6th, but I just can't make it in for an in person interview so a phone interview would work ... ???!!!
Have I ever mentioned that I hate gig overlaps, especially when putting out applications for new jobs ... my current job overlaps, just barely, making me a no go for this PSM gig in NYC .... I really do hate overlaps, hahaha!!!
For real though, timing issues are really bringing me down right now. Not just this no but the other summer gig overlap that I've been sort of putting off sorting out this week, the one towards the end of the summer ... argh! I really need to make up my mind on this one and the decision isn't an easy one to make. The job that overlaps and "made the mistake" isn't willing and or able to adjust the dates so I have to decide to lose this job entirely or to give up one week of the other job. The one is really good money and a good resume credit / the other, the one where I'd lose a week, is with a reputable theatre company, also great resume credit and a friend worked really hard to get me the job ... easy decision, right?! Not to mention the fact that I don't know what would happen if I backed out of one week where my friend has gotten me work. Would they be able to fill that week with another director/teacher? Would I lose all three weeks if I back out of one? ARGH! I hate decisions like this, for all my "strength" and "courage" ... I f'ing HATE decisions like this!
And still no interview set up for the Cap Rep position, our phone tag and my email still haven't resulted in a connection to set up the interview. I seriously hope this doesn't turn into a no as well, at least not before I interview for the position.
For the moment, that's all...gonna go find other things to apply for and contemplate recontacting the NY Classical Theatre ...