"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

No Show

Well we're all human and we all make mistakes.
Breath M, breath. (Hahaha???!!!)

So, I get up and get ready for my 10am interview, I get all my Drama Kids stuff together because if I'm using a tank of gas to get to Albany I'm not going to go home in between that and my DK classes this evening (which means yes, finding "something{s}" to do in Albany from post interview time frame to DK Class). I don't take a sub job (that's a loss of 80 bucks). And I get on my way. I arrive early. I park (which ends up costing $3.00) and sit in a park reading my book - which is the second in the Percy Jackson Series now. Then, with 10 minutes remaining before my interview time, I go over to the theatre. I enter, I ask the girl in the office if the guy I'm supposed to be meeting is in and she says he's not in yet, so I sit and wait. Time goes by. It's now 10:12am and I go use the ladies room. I come back and wait some more. I ask if I've, somehow, "missed" him coming in. The response is no that they think he's double booked some appointments (though I got the feeling she was holding herself back from blatantly saying he'd forgotten about my interview). She did say that her boss had texted him to see where he was and got no response. I wait a little bit more. It's now 10:30am and leave him a quick note with my name and number. Then I wait a few more minutes. Then I leave, telling the gal that I'll be in "the albany area" all day but that I do also have work this afternoon, so if he should arrive at the theatre he can call me and I might be able to make it back over.

I do all this with a smile on my face of course, after all we are all human and make mistakes and sometimes over book ourselves. BUT I'm still a bit hurt. This is a reputable theatre, professional, and there's a part of me that doesn't understand how you can book an interview and then not show up to hold said interview. But I digress ... hopefully I'll hear from him and can re-schedule.

And now we wait (I hate waiting)!

Right, so now I'm at a Starbucks drinking a Venti Caramel Frap, mmm mmm mmmmmmmmm! And onto some applying etc...

~M

3 comments:

  1. So - when will the interview be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I post myself as a follower?
    Signed - computer challenged

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Computer Challenged
    I'm not sure how to answer your question re:becoming a follower, the best I can say is: You should be able to click on the follow button (on the right hand side where the other followers are), and it will ask you which account you want to use to follow (ie: googlemail, yahoo, aol etc...) and then follow whatever directions might occur ...
    Signed, Moi

    ps...see June's first posting re:interview

    ReplyDelete