"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Inspiration Strikes

So you know that one of the ways to get work in the theatre world is to make the work for yourself. Of course this usually means you do NOT get paid, but you do get to do something, be creative, potentially network, ad a resume credit etc... So my recent burst of inspiration lies in Outdoor Theatre. Ok, well that's not exactly what I mean. What I mean is that I've been thinking, if I can find a script (like Shakespeare) where I do not have to pay rights because it's in the public domain ... AND ... I can find / hire actors to perform ... AND ... I can get (hopefully at a nothing or next-to-nothing fee) the local town park to give me a performance permit ... THEN ... perhaps, just perhaps I can direct something in my local town this summer and let people attend FOR FREE! Costing me and my audience nothing but time. So ... now it's a script hunt 'cause I'm pretty sure I don't want it to be a Shakespeare play (but you never know).

Ok ... that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment