"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Welcome March ... and what I did job wise today!

HOLY COW it's already March! I have to say, despite the mounds of snow outside - and the late in February Snow Storm of last weekend - March, she came in like a Lamb, not a Lion. Of course, living in the North East I am not stupid enough to believe that we're "done" with snow storms and all that. I fully expect Spring to not really spring yet, for another two weeks or more (though I'd love for it to burst out all over tomorrow)!

At any rate ... Happy and Welcome March!

Today I worked on some things for the festival I'm Stage Managing with WAM theatre.
Today I worked on some things for my company's next round in our 24 Hour Theatre Series.
Today I looked on several websites ... like Yosemiti (is that spelled right?) Sam on a Wabit Hunt ... and found nothing new.
Today I began writing up a "Teaching Philosophy" so that I can apply to two of the jobs my bro sent me the links too, they are both teaching positions (Assistant Professors at two different Uni/College's). As well as working on a few other applications to send out.
Today I sifted through the jobs to apply for that I've currently got, but haven't yet applied too, and found two whose deadline dates have come and gone - OOPS! (I was working though, so it's not like I just didn't do it.)
AND today I read more of "Ape House"
TOMORROW I will apply to three positions whose applications/submissions I've been working today.

And for now, that is all!

:o) COME ON SPRING! (Oh, and a ya know my dream job, puuuuur-lease!?!?! Hahahaha....)

No comments:

Post a Comment