"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Silent No's

Can I just take a minute to say how frustrating silent No's are!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I mean, especially with everything being electronic these days, how hard is it (and it's not that I "want" an email that says no we're not hiring you - or even giving you an interview - but at least I would know that the application had been received and reviewed! I'm not even asking for a specific response, like we love your work with Conflict Relief etc...but we can't...I'm talking a simple thank you but we can't offer you the position/interview at this time.

Now, don't get me wrong, several places I have submitted applications to in the past have given me just that. But then there are all the others, I have the ad printed out in my binder, the date I emailed the application in, and then NOTHING. When I hear back I put a little note on the paper so that I know ... but I digress,

I guess it's just upsetting, when you put the time and effort into applying somewhere, especially places who've put adverts out, it would be nice to hear SOMETHING back, even if it is a NO.

Phew...tirad over.

No comments:

Post a Comment