"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Sunday Sunday!

Today has been fairly relaxing, recouping from the weekends 24 hour project! :o) I managed to finally finish reading "The Princess Bride", the movie I've seen a bajillion times, and I'd begun the book ages ago ... but knowing the story line made it easy to put down when another book came into my hands, or when I was busy working on a show or work ... and so today I finished it! And I have to say, it's one of the only books to film that I love both of. Yes things were left out of the movie that are in the book, but they managed to keep its integrity the way so many others do not. At least in my opinion.

Tomorrow I've gotta get my rear in gear and apply to the list of jobs I've got at the moment.

The Drama Kids season ends at the beginning of June, and the Stage Manager's job I've got going on right now with WAM is over mid-May. And then I've got nothing until the month of August when I've got two gigs - Directing the Good Cause Club's Musical in a Week; and Teaching/Directing 3 week long sessions with Stone Soup Theatre in Seattle.

So ... what am I going to do in June and July? And again in September? I've got Drama Kids again in the Fall (I'm 99.9% sure) if nothing more full time comes my way, and or if I can work it out to do DK with another job as well. We shall see ... at any rate, gotta keep on keeping on.

*MUST finish my teaching philosophy.

That is all she wrote ... for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment