"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Friday, September 23, 2011

Meeting ... ideas ... phone call!

That title makes it sound like I did a lot today and really, I didn't. Haha.

My meeting at GCS MS went well, we're now good to go with the MS Play - and I've got the dates starting in November with the show happening in January of 2012 (like we did with "The Wizard of Oz") so that it does not collide with my Stage Managing "Pure Poe" at Cap Rep.

*Ideas are bubbling forth for this show ... must note them down tomorrow and start getting things ready and really researching my script etc...

And the phone call is about "Pure Poe". Prep week is next week so I got a call from the Prod. Manager at the theatre, will call back tomorrow to find out all the details - and then I'll also know (hopefully) how often I'll be able to - or not - Drama Kids while "Pure Poe" is happening.

Oh, and I'm officially back on the sub list so that's a plus. Of course now that I'll be busy for the month of October ... ha ha ha! But I digress, I can only sub a total of 40 days at GCS anyway - apparently that's the law when you're not a certified teacher.

And that is all she wrote for today.

Oh...I found another job I can apply for. Now I've just gotta get my cover letter up to snuff and send that stuff out!

No comments:

Post a Comment