"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Headache

So I have a monster headache right now which means rather than a lengthy post for today I'm just going to say:
"Into The Woods" is almost entirely blocked (sweet), two more scenes to do tomorrow morning and then we can start really running sections and working on it ... polishing it and all that jazz. I'm really enjoying the personalities of the teens in this group - even the ones who are a bit shy, they keep pulling it out (the drama I mean or the character) when I ask them too! ;o)

"Aristocats" is not quite as far along - which I think is predominantly due to the cast being large (4 Aristocats, 12 Alley Cats, 6 Dogs, 1 Mouse, 2 Geese, Evil Edgar and the Aristocats owner Madame), 27 kids; and that the ages of most of these kids is 6-8 years old - but I digress. It is coming along nicely, I got a few more things blocked today - and got them looking pretty good - and we've got to fill in a few holes, but I think we're about half way through the show (or maybe a little father). This group of kids is good too, though we've got a few "handfuls" in the group (which probably add to where we are or aren't at this point in the script/week).

So woo hoo!!!

Funny thing ... my friend Arlene, who's the second camp I'll be working at, well she and I have been playing phone tag since I landed in Vegas. Same time zone now but we can't seem to get each other on the phone ... ha ha ha ... either I'm at work and she's free or vice versa ...

:o) And that is all for tonight. Goodnight Bremerton, WA!

No comments:

Post a Comment