"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Saturday, February 12, 2011

No I didn't.

Today's no is really rather simple, NO I didn't do any job hunting or job applications today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some days it is very hard to keep motivated in this bloody field.
I've been working in - or studying - theatre for 13 years ... when is it going to feel like it, like I've actually accomplished something?
Some days I can see how much I have done and all the places I've been and things I've learned and experienced. And some days it feels like I am just another fish - a tiny little smelt, swimming next to a million other identical little smelts ... who would ever notice 'that one'?

So now I remind myself that I've just gotten a job, and a good one at that. A job that will also, hopefully, help me network some more both inside and outside the particular theatre I'll be working with. And I remind myself of all the theatre I have done - internationally - and all the places I have been ... and that I have good ideas, and that if I keep on keeping on ... perhaps, one day (SOON PLEASE) something "big" and "awesome" and "perfect for me" will happen.

I really am awesome, PERFECT JOB GOD'S ... find me and HIRE ME, please!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment