"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Professor Jobs

The good news is that I found a wicked site that lists TONS of Professor / Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Adjunct Professor (etc...) jobs that are currently open and accepting applications.

The hard thing is that many of them require lots of credible teaching experience, and all of mine is with Highs School age - or younger - kids.  Does this count?  Well yes, but does it count on a collegiate level? So I ask you, how does one get the experience when the experience is required to get the experience?  If you understood that - good on you - and if you both understood it and have an answer/recommendation PLEASE GIVE IT!

*I have an idea, that I could write up something regarding my lack of college level experience but what all my other assets bring ... being equal too ... etc...does that make sense?

And when they ask for a teaching philosophy - still haven't formulated one that really sounds like me and sounds GOOD.

And what if they ask for a sample syllabus ... do I create a "model" one and submit it ... ???

Oiy ... the application process is NO fun, not really!

At any rate, I've got a slew of places I can submit myself too and see what happens.

Go Big or Go Home Mags!

No comments:

Post a Comment