"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

"You were once wild here, don't let them tame you!" ~Isadora Duncan

"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself." ~Andre Gide

"Follow your bliss!" ~J. Campbell ... and my folks!

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting." ~Andy Warhol

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." ~Nelson Mandela

"...open and expanding like an unfinished book..." ~Quote from a friend, Travis Judd

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~Nelson Mandela

"The capacity to be puzzled is ... the premise of all creation, be it in art or in science." ~Erich Fromm

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." ~Mae West

"Theatre is a form of knowledge; it should and can also be a means of transforming society. Theatre can help us build our future, rather than just waiting for it." ~Augusto Boal

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Do the Time Warp!

Ooooooops ... NO blog post for NOvember 1st, 2011 ... whoops!

Yesterday's info ... officially turned in the "Pure Poe" prompt book at the theatre, along with the keys ... hope to get hired back. Both Maggie (the Artistic Director of the theatre and the Director of the show) and the Education Director, Laura, said that I did a great job! And Laura asked me to send her my teaching artist resume for their summer teaching positions, so ... we'll see what happens. And as I turned in my keys to the Production Manager (who does the hiring) I said something like, Peace Out and or Hire Me Again! He smirked ... only time will tell.

I'll be seeing "Man of La Mancha" there in a week, and there's the Company Christmas Party on Dec. 19th, so that's fun and exciting to look forward too!

And I had my Tuesday night Drama Kids yesterday, all classes went well! :) One of the classes I hadn't been to this year, but was a class I did last year so many of the kiddos knew me already, chimed in with a rather enthusiastic 'MISS MAGGIEEEEE" when they saw me! :)

AND I've gotten the GCS MS play "going" ... the official announcement was made on Monday in school, and tomorrow I will "post" the information on auditions and production weekend! So now onto show research ... and other good stuffs in prep!

And that was yesterday!

PS...Welcome November (stay away cold, ha ha ha)!

No comments:

Post a Comment